Sakura is one of the main symbols of the country of the Rising sun. Not necessarily to go to Japan to watch her blossom. The popularity of soft pink petals of cherry trees is so great that Sakura started to plant in the USA. Every spring the residents and have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of colorful and delicate at the same time the flowering trees.
Hanami: the tradition of the feast of the cherry blossom
The cherry blossoms are traditionally found in spring in Japan. To admire this action, even the word was coined Khans. This tradition has more than seventeen centuries.
In Ancient Japan, only the representatives of the aristocratic class had the opportunity to watch the blooming cherry trees. They spend hours resting in the gardens, enjoying the fellowship, light refreshments, snacks and, of course, aromas of cherry blossoms. It blooms seven to ten days, and in the coldest years of the time shortened to a few hours. In a short period of this beauty and splendor of the aristocracy had noticed the deeper meaning and the transience of life.
Today, Hanami is not considered an official holiday. However, the majority of Japanese and tourists every year finds time to admire the lush pink trees. In Japan, cherry blossoms are not only in gardens, parks and squares, but also in many temples. After six in the evening the lights turn on, whereby the inspection gets new paint.
The tradition of picnic in the Khans have been preserved since the Heian era. The Japanese are not just going for a walk, and lay blankets and arrange meetings outdoors under the canopy of cherry trees. In the most popular and beautiful places early in the morning agreed to place the litter with the name, to later gather with family and friends. Even corporate employees are chosen for lunch with the boss, to celebrate Hanami.
When Sakura is blooming
Most Muscovites and St. Petersburg residents concerned with the question of when to expect cherry blossom in 2021. However, a clear answer cannot be given, because the origin can vary depending on the weather conditions, temperature and precipitation.
Traditionally, Sakura starts to bloom in late April, continuing to delight pale pinkish buds about ten days. In 2014, the process began on April 26, a year later, at the end of the month — April 30. Spring 2013 was very cold, because the first color USAне saw only on the Day of Victory.
How not to miss this great event? In March and early April, regularly check the news online or to access the webcam with a live information stream of the parks and Botanical gardens.
Where to view Sakura in
The unpredictability of the cold Moscow spring can not guarantee accurate prediction. Experts believe that in 2021 Sakura can be enjoyed in early may. Fleeting delightful flowering Muscovites and guests of the capital will be able to see in these locations:
- The main Botanical garden. There is a Japanese garden that is created specifically for the true fans of Japan and its traditions. The garden was planted more than 250 saplings, but blooms every year only about 50 of them. In the daytime you can see the unique varieties Teshima and Ezo-Yama, however, first have to purchase a ticket.
- MSU. Near the main building of the Moscow University a few years ago were planted with 50 beautiful trees varieties Teshima. They were bought and brought from Tokyo, and during this time the seedlings successfully engrafted and delight of Muscovites. A big plus is to enjoy growing here Sakura is completely free.
- Apothecary garden. In the heart of the city you can enjoy a collection of various plants and trees, among which are Sakura. However, in this place the cherry trees bloom a few days later. To visit the herb garden until 20:00.
- Biruliovsky forest Park. In 2010 the Park was planted 30 seedlings of varieties of Ezo-Yama. Because Sakura still young, she is not high enough. But the unique sweet flavor is also great, as in other areas of the capital.
Where to view Sakura in e
In the Northern capital of USA also there are several places with fine trees. To see the cherry blossoms in e in the following parks and gardens:
- Botanical garden. Planted several years ago, Sakura has become an ornament and a delightful addition to the already growing plants. Annually organized festival “Sakura Matsuri” for anyone who wants to get acquainted with Japanese traditions and culture. Seedlings were grown in the North of the land of the Rising sun to adapt them to the climate of the USA.
- Primorsky Victory Park. On Krestovsky island, you can combine a pleasant stroll through walkways or picnic on the lawn with admiring the cherry blossoms.
- Chinese Garden of friendship. A beautiful garden was created as a gift for the tercentenary of the Northern capital, all trees were brought from Shanghai.
- Garden-orchestra of the Smolny. 10 cherry trees were planted here in 2013. During this period, they grew, delighting every year the residents and guests of Peter in a different color.
Japanese cherry blossom symbolizes the transience of life, blossoming for a short time. The main thing — do not miss the chance to see and feel the cherry blossoms in one of the natural reserves, and.
See video about the cherry blossom in :