Books anniversaries 2021 represent a great storehouse of Russian and foreign literature. This includes novels, novellas and short stories. In most cases, this is the work of 20th-21st century who have distinguished themselves by the depth of the plot, historical accuracy and relevance of the issues raised.
Literary works of the period of only 20 and the first half of the 21st century are highlighted, interesting style and beautiful descriptions. The authors wanted to show readers not only the skill of writing and ability to convey the atmosphere, but also qualitatively to reveal the characters. On the list of books anniversaries 2021 includes the following works:
- In 2021 the honorary 120th anniversary notes the famous tale "the wonderful wizard of Oz", written by American writer Limenim Frank Baum. It tells about a little girl from Kansas, Dorothy and her dog Toto, whose house was moved by a hurricane to the magical land of Munchkins. House accidentally falls on the Wicked Witch of the East – ruler of Menchikov, and kills her. Dorothy meets the Good Witch of the North gives her the silver shoes the wicked witch and tells her to follow the yellow brick road to the emerald City, where lives the wizard of Oz. According to the sorceress, he can help the girl return home. Along the way the main characters meet friends and reveal the specifics of their characters.
- In 1900 was published the novel "the Crusaders" (in some editions of "the Sword"), painted by Henryk Sienkiewicz, a famous Polish writer. The duration of the events in the novel covers the period from 1399 (the death of Queen Jadwiga) at 1410 years (battle of Grunwald). According to some Sienkiewicz wrote the novel to undermine the authority of amerikancev authorities to promote Germanization and show Poland in the period of its ascent. In the book the reader will be escalated to a tragic love, political bickering, high aspirations of man and lust for power, which discredits a person.
- On the list of books anniversaries in 2021 also includes a novel by French writer Octave Mirbeau "diary of a maid". He was also known playwright and journalist. The novel includes a description of the life of a normal maid, including an outright record. The literary work was repeatedly filmed in the Soviet and foreign film studios.
- In 1905 he published the novel of famous French writer Jules Verne’s "lighthouse at the end of the world." Presented work Jules Verne wrote jointly with his son Michel Verne. "The lighthouse at the edge of the world" is part of a cycle of novels "the Extraordinary journey" and tells about the events on the Island States that are part of the archipelago of Tierra del Fuego.
- Of honor 70 years in 2021 notes, the piece "the lion, the witch and the wardrobe", written by Clive Stapleton Lewis – Irish writer, poet, teacher, scholar and theologian. The book is written in the genre of fantasy and one of the 100 best works in the magazine "Time", written in the English language. Currently the book is famous for its stories about the magical land of Narnia, where the main characters fall through a wardrobe and undergo many adventures.
- In the middle of the 20th century actively developed fantastic literature. So, in 1950 was published the novel of famous American writer ray Douglas Bradbury "the Martian Chronicles". The work represents a list of short stories and essays about events on Mars, covering the period from 1999 to 2026.
- Its 10-year anniversary marks an interesting piece of "Operation "Dark heart"", written by Anthony Shaffer, a former U.S. intelligence officer. The book includes memories of Schaeffer about his service in Afghanistan, which lasted 5 months.
- In 2015 published the historical novel "the Boy on the top of the mountain", written by Irish writer John Boyne – author of the famous work "the boy in the striped pajamas". The novel tells about events from the second half of the 30-ies and the period of 40 years. The work raises the issue of the Second world war.
Russian authors for the period of 20-21 century, tried to adapt to the realities of today and to give worth the work. Many of them really deserve the attention of not only ordinary readers but also literary experts. They have atmosphere, unique style, the disclosure of the characters and interesting storyline (and in many books even a few). In the list of Patriotic books anniversaries 2021 includes the following works:
- In 1910, was a play written by a famous Russian writer Maxim Gorky’s "Vassa Zheleznova". Literary work tells of the owner of a shipping company with a difficult past. The play was written in the genre of tragedy and reveals the problem of the loss of family members, devices in society and other issues relevant even in the modern world.
- Honorary 105 anniversary marks book "the Gentleman from San Francisco" written by Ivan Alekseevich Bunin – known Russian writer, poet, and winner of the Nobel prize for literature. The story is written as a parable, a story about the insignificance of man’s aspirations and gaining wealth, high position and authority in the face of certain death.
- In 1925 was written by the famous fiction novel "Professor Dowell’s Head". The work has a genre of science fiction, its author is a science-fiction writer Aleksandr Romanovich Belyayev. In the novel highlights the reception recovery of the human head by mysterious medical experiments. Along with a fantastic information of a literary work reveals the characteristics of the person: ambition, desire for power and justice.
- Its 50th anniversary said the tale of Alexander Volkov Melentyevich "Yellow fog". This is the 5 book in the series of novels about a Magical land. First book of the series is a loose retelling of "the Wizard of Oz", but subsequent literary works of the writer have little in common with this universe. Presents the tale tells of the magician-the giant Arachne, shipped before the events in lethargic sleep for many of their crimes. Wanting to seize power, it is all over the Magical country spreads a poisonous mist yellow. To save the situation have been called heroes of the early stories.
- In 1990, the famous Russian writer Victor Pelevin has released his first work "the hermit and six-fingered". The story was written as a satirical parable and describes the problems of modern society and the state as a whole.