For parents who work full day, after care is a vital necessity because the primary school end in 12-13 hours. Families who can afford a babysitter or use the help of grandparents, not so much, and the other in advance considering my options, what will their children are busy after school in 2020-2021 school year.
Task groups of the prolonged day
Extended day group in primary school was ubiquitous in the Soviet era. After class, the teacher, who often taught one of the beginning classes in parallel, worked with the students. In functions it included the organization of homework, recreation, and organization of creative leisure.
Today the functions of the school has changed. Detailed legislative regulation of such activities is not, the law “On education in the RF” group day care is only mentioned in PP.7 and 8 of article 66. Its role is defined as “the implementation of the supervision and care of children.” Today, in most schools care performs the following tasks:
- Child staying after school in room meeting the requirements of safety and hygiene (most often the classrooms are sometimes used for more recreational facilities).
- Providing conditions for active and safe leisure (on the street).
- Attracting qualified staff.
- Organization of educational and creative activities as well as the allocation of time for self-study.
Stay generally is limited to 18 hours, some children stay up to 14, others up to 16 hours, depending on the capabilities of the parents. This payment may differ depending on the duration and be one regardless of the number of actual hours spent.
Types of classes
Besides the main task – ensuring the safety of the child – many schools also offer additional classes. They can be both educational and creative orientation. As a rule, the teacher extended the group itself does not conduct such courses, but accompanies and welcomes students. These classes are held on school property and must be paid separately.
An important question for parents is getting the students homework during these hours. Direct responsibility to ensure its implementation, the caregiver is not. If the group is limited to 2-3 hours on independent study time may not be given, if the student remains until the evening he studies becomes a necessity. Responsibility for its implementation is the responsibility of the student. There is a special time, but the teacher is not obliged to verify the correctness or to explain the educational material.
The pros and cons
Stay in detention has its positive and negative sides. The advantages include the following:
- to adapt to study the child more time and opportunities
- he gets acquainted with other students and the teachers who teach in the extended group
- the visit of the sections and of the
- active outdoor play combined with creative and educational lessons.
However, it is possible to allocate also some disadvantages:
- the child is psychologically difficult to spend so much outside the home – because school is different from kindergarten a rich curriculum;
- 7-8 hours of children’s nervous system overwork, fatigue accumulates as a result what is the evening tantrums;
- playing in class after class, student’s harder to maintain discipline in the classroom.
In any case, the decision about attending extended-day groups is up to the parents, which take into account the individual characteristics of the child.
The functions of the teacher
In the Soviet time, an after-school program led often one of the teachers. Today, however, many schools invite for this purpose the caregiver. In any case, it should be a person with pedagogical expertise, but he is not going to additional classes related to the curriculum.
- to ensure the safety of pupils,
- to organize their independent and creative activities
- to see inside the school on mugs and sections
- to walk in the school yard,
- in consultation with parents and school administration students will be able to visit theatres and exhibitions.
Thus, no explanation of the educational material, nor the control over the implementation of the lessons in the functions of a teacher GPA is not included.
The price billed for an after-school program due to financial capabilities of the educational institution. All budget funds allocated to the school, have an educational focus. Because the tasks at the middle school focused primarily on providing a safe environment for the development of creative and learning skills, they pertain to educational activities.
The following services are considered additional. In accordance with the PP.8 article 66 of the law “On education”, the school administration has the right to establish for their payment. Any rules governing the size of the Board. So, how much is a after school club in 201-2021 year, decides the school itself.
The prices vary greatly even within the same region. For example, in 2018 the cost ranged from 600 RUB to 15000 RUB. the Average price for the capital amounted to 3000 rubles. per month. Although in most regions the average cost is not more than 4000 rubles., in some regions (Kursk, Sverdlovsk region), it reaches 7-8 thousand. Most parents believe that the amount is unreasonably high, given that the food and sections to be paid separately.
Please note: if care is paid for, the parent should be given the contract for the provision of services. This document is proof that the money has the target direction, in addition, it lists the responsibilities of the parties and provide services.