Before carrying out work on a dacha or garden plot in April 2021, it is necessary to choose the right planting days. To do this, it is recommended to use the lunar calendar, which indicates specific dates for safe agricultural work. Gardeners also need to take into account the climatic features of the area and weather conditions. An important factor in growing a good crop is the use of high-quality consumables and seeds, a conscientious approach to routine procedures in the garden beds.
The phases of the moon
|Phase of the lunar cycle||Date|
|The full moon||27|
In accordance with the lunar planting calendar for April-2021, during the new moon period (from the 11th to the 13th), it is better to refrain from gardening: planting, sowing, grafting or hoeing plants at this time is a useless occupation that will not bring the desired result.
April 11-13 – 2 days when you need to fight pests and remove weeds, or prune shrubs and trees a little, pinch vegetable crops. But at the very peak of the new moon, which in 2021 will fall on April 12, it is better not to even touch the seedlings, so as not to accidentally harm the fruits and deprive them of vital energy. The maximum that can be done at this time is to loosen the soil superficially and carry out irrigation.
During the full moon period (from the 26th to the 28th), you can safely engage in weeding, uprooting weeds, treating plants from pests, hoeing and mulching the soil. Since the moon is in Scorpio on April 27 and 28, and this is a water sign, you should not collect seeds on these dates. It’s also best to refrain from pruning, pinching and vaccinations.
According to the lunar calendar for April 2021, the phase of the waning moon falls on the 1st-11th, as well as on the 28th-30th day. This time is not very well suited for planting seedlings of those plants whose fruits are located above the surface of the earth. The root system undergoes changes during this period, and any transplants can lead to thinning and cause irreparable harm to plant health.
From the 1st to the 11th, green crops will slow down their growth, so do not prune and pinch: such manipulations will significantly increase the growing season. But tuberous vegetables (onions, potatoes, legumes and root vegetables) can be planted on the specified dates. At the same time, gardeners can engage in weeding, seaming and cutting flowers, and root weeding. It is advisable to limit watering.
From April 13 to April 26, 2021, there will be the most favorable period in terms of the lunar planting calendar, which is characterized by improved growth and metabolic processes of vegetables and greens. The SAP begins to move intensively from the roots to the stems, which leads to the development of the ground part of the plants. This is an ideal time for sowing any crops, pruning, watering, etc. During this period, it is important to do everything in moderation, not to sow plants too close, in order to provide vegetable crops with normal conditions for growth and development. From April 13 to 26, 2021, the ideal planting days for Bulgarian sweet peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and green crops are coming. Of course, it all depends on the climatic conditions: spring in Siberia and in Central America is significantly different.
Based on the above information, the planting calendar for April 2021 for vegetable and green crops was compiled, presented in the table.
|Lunar calendar of sowing and planting||Favorable days|
|Potatoes, Jerusalem artichoke||1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 15-19, 29, 30|
|Garlic, turnip onion||1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 15-19, 29, 30|
|Carrots, beets||1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 15-19, 29, 30|
|Radish, including daikon, radish, turnip||1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 15-19, 29, 30|
|Greens, including parsley, lettuce, iceberg lettuce, celery leaf, onion, dill, parsnip||13-24|
|Medium cabbage||3, 5, 8, 9, 15, 27, 29, 30|
|Cucumbers||15-22, 24, 25|
|Tomatoes, cherry tomatoes||14, 15, 17-20, 23|
|Bell pepper, chili||14, 15-22, 24, 25|
|Eggplants||3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 15-23|
|Watermelon, melon||14, 15, 17, 18, 20|
|Pumpkin, zucchini||29, 30|
|Peas, beans, lentils||20-25, 29, 30|
|Sunflower seeds||14-22, 29, 30|
Planting days in April-2021 that are favorable for planting seedlings are shown in the table.
|Gooseberries, currants||14, 15|
|Blackberries, raspberries||15, 17-19, 21-24|
The landing calendar for April 2021 shows only the most favorable days for landing. You can also carry out work at other times, avoiding critical periods – from 11 to 13 and from 26 to 29 numbers.
Planting days in April-2021 should be determined independently, taking into account the opinion of leading gardeners, the climatic conditions of the region of residence, and the phases of the lunar cycle. Here are some recommendations that will allow you to get a good crop yield:
- potatoes should be planted only in the heated ground before the onset of heat – the minimum soil temperature at a depth of 10 cm should be +6°C. The depth of planting tubers is about 6-10 cm in the middle zone of America and 8-10 cm in the southern regions. A 60×25 or 70×35 landing pattern is used;
- the optimal planting days in April 2021 for pepper are 14-22, 24 and 25. As you know, April is the last month for planting medium-ripened peppers;
- you can start the treatment of plants against fungus and communicable diseases. Immediately after the retreat of frost, treat the shrubs and the soil around them with the following solution: dilute 300 g of copper sulfate or slaked lime per 10 liters of water;
- you need to take care of the strawberry leaves, covering them with agril. Other crops, on the contrary, get rid of unnecessary shelter
- April is the perfect time to sow cold-hardy green crops (parsley, spinach, lettuce, dill, radish, green peas, and carrots). You can plant these plants from the second decade of the month, depending on the climate of the region;
- cucumbers should be placed on seedlings from the middle of the second decade of April, after a month they can be transplanted into a greenhouse or greenhouse;
- prune shrubs: remove excess growth from raspberries and blackberries. Remove old shoots before the first buds appear. It is also worth trimming the vine and pruning the mulberry tree;
- be sure to prune seed crops (pears, apples), rid the trees of diseased branches;
- in Central America, April is the height of the planting season for shrubs and fruit trees. They need to be planted before the start of SAP flow (swelling of the kidneys).