They say that as you meet the year – so you will spend it. And indeed, during this special fairy-tale holiday, the world becomes kinder and filled with magic. Choosing a place to celebrate the New year is not always easy. Some people will want to stay at home with their family, while for others, the ideal option is to fly to warmer countries.
What about St. Petersburg? The Royal and majestic city at this magical time is immersed in the atmosphere of a fairy tale. Strict facades sparkle with festive lights, and Christmas markets appear on the streets. We will tell you why it is important to be on Palace square in the New year 2021, as well as how to arrange a real holiday for yourself, in the article.
The heart of the cultural capital
Any tourist who finds himself in St. Petersburg should definitely visit the Palace square. This is the main historical place of the city and a venue for concerts and mass events. There are a number of Federal historical monuments located here. We are talking about:
- The winter Palace;
- The Alexander column;
- The Guards corps headquarters building;
- The Main headquarters building with a triumphal arch.
The architectural ensemble appeared at the beginning of the XIX century and today is part of the world heritage list.
Palace square for the New year
For lovers of large noisy companies, mass celebrations and festive bustle, the new year In St. Petersburg is just right. Just a few hours before the main event, the holiday is in full swing.
The square is decorated with a Christmas tree. An interesting fact is that since 2014, an artificial beauty with a height of 25 meters has been installed. Many of the townspeople expressed dissatisfaction and sent a proposal to the city administration to return to the previous live spruce. Therefore, it is quite possible that in the 2021 New year on the Palace square we will see a living fairy-tale beauty.
During the day, you can see a colorful fair with festive goods, and at ten o’clock in the evening Nevsky Prospekt will be closed in order to start the main performance in the city. A large stage is set up on the square, where a concert is held with the participation of famous musicians and dancers. Also, every year the city administration develops a large-scale interactive program, light and pyrotechnic shows.
You will also be able to see the President’s new year’s wish at midnight, and after the last stroke of the chimes – an enchanting multi-colored salute. A rich program will last until four o’clock in the morning.
In 2020, 2 million people celebrated the New year on Palace square and Nevsky Prospekt. Just think about the scale of the event. What is also important, the authorities of the Northern capital paid special attention to the issue of security.
Remember the weather
In order for the holiday not to be spoiled, it is important to take into account all the features of cold and windy St. Petersburg. True connoisseurs of the city on the Neva will say that there is no bad weather, there are wrong clothes. Here are some simple rules to avoid going to the doctor with a fever right after the holiday:
- Do not wear expensive suits and evening dresses, you will simply freeze in them. Dress warmly and comfortably.
- Clothing should not be drained.
- Be sure to bring a hat and scarf.
- Shoes should be warm, comfortable and, most importantly, waterproof. Therefore, be sure to use a water-repellent impregnation and a good cream.
In addition, near the Palace square there are a lot of restaurants, cafes and bars where you can warm up and continue to celebrate the New year. The variety of seats will pleasantly surprise you, the main thing is to find a suitable place in advance and reserve a table.
We prepare in advance
If you are a guest of the capital of culture, it is important to take care of several points:
- how to get to the city: by plane, train, or car. Important! The closer the holiday date is, the higher the ticket price will be. Therefore, we recommend that you book it in advance;
- where you will stay. Depending on your capabilities, you can choose:
- the hotel;
- the hostel:
- rent an apartment.
In St. Petersburg, you can find both luxury apartments in hotels starting from 150 thousand rubles per night, and a place for 5 thousand rubles for two in an ordinary modest hostel for three days.
When choosing a home, you should pay attention to four simple points::
- the specifics of the accommodation;
- a number of additional services.
- Considering that each category has a huge number of offers, it is still worth booking accommodation in advance.
- Alternatively, if you come with a large company or family, you can rent an apartment for the required period.
- If you decide to celebrate new year’s eve on Palace square in 2021, you should look for housing in the center.
Perhaps this is all you need to know about the new year’s eve celebration on Palace square. There is no person who would remain indifferent after seeing St. Petersburg. The indescribable magical atmosphere of this place charges for new achievements and feats, and the New year is a time to make wishes and fulfill dreams.
Seevideoabout the new year’s light show on Dvorovaya square: