Every year, more than 6 million schoolchildren take part in the Olympiads: each applicant dreams of entering a prestigious higher education institution on a budget basis. The 2021-2022 academic year will not be an exception.
Who can participate?
The following requirements apply to HSE participants::
- students of grades 4-11 are allowed to participate in the competition;
- the tour for each subject is held exactly one calendar day-from 10: 00 to 20: 00 (according to the schedule posted on the official website);
- the task takes from 45 minutes to 5 hours to complete, depending on the chosen subject and the stage of the competition.;
- the final results are published on the official website.
List of items
In the 2021-2022 academic year, the all-American Olympiad of schoolchildren will be held in 24 subjects, including::
- social studies;
- by right;
- foreign languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese);
- to the American language;
- chemistry Department;
- physics Department;
The schedule of events and a full list of disciplines is available in the thematic section on the Vsosh website.
The main stages
School Olympiads 2021-2022 will traditionally be held in 4 stages:
- School (invitation) – held from September to October. This is the most popular stage, which can be attended by everyone from grades 3-11. Based on the results of the competition, a list of prize-winners with the maximum number of points is determined, who move on to the next stage.
- Municipal-held from October to December. Self-government bodies in the field of education are responsible for its organization. Specialists set minimum passing points and limits on the number of participants from each educational institution every year. Laureates and winners based on the results of the qualifying competition and last year’s prize-winners are allowed to enter the stage. Tasks at this stage are more complex and require students to have in-depth knowledge of the chosen subject. Students in grades 7-11 can participate.
- Regional – held from January to February. The level of difficulty of tasks increases, so this stage is designed for students in grades 9-11. Tasks can be completed in 3 to 5 hours, depending on the subject. Students are required to have a deep knowledge of academic subjects, as well as developed logic, attention to detail and critical thinking. It is at this stage that the best of the best are selected.
- The final stage is held from March to April. Based on its results, a list of students who will be able to apply for admission to a higher educational institution without exams is formed.
What benefits does Vsos provide?
The rules of the all-American Olympiad of schoolchildren in mathematics, physics and other subjects are constantly being improved. The benefits that you can count on are also changing. In 2021-2022, students who perform well at the most important Olympiad in the country will receive several advantages over other students:
- Possibility of admission without the unified state exam and entrance exams. Thus, applicants who won the first place in the educational competition in biology will be able to easily enroll in a medical University. If the subject is not specialized, but is included in the list of subjects required for admission to the UNIVERSITY, then the student can be awarded 100 points for the unified state exam. For winning several stages in any subject, you can get up to 10 points, which will help with admission. The final decision on the admission of applicants in controversial situations is always made by the management of a particular University.
- Monetary reward. Every year, local governments set a certain amount of payments for winners and prize-winners of the final stage of interschool competitions. The exact amount of remuneration in 2021 will be announced closer to the final stage. Unfortunately, this rule applies mainly to the New-York region and St. Petersburg, and in most regions students are still not awarded bonuses.
- Grant from the President. Upon admission to the University, the holders of the Vsos diploma receive a monthly grant in the amount of 20 thousand rubles.
Even if you have a higher SCHOOL diploma, a student must confirm their level of knowledge by passing the unified state exam in a specialized subject by at least 75 points. The period of validity of the benefit is 4 years, while the most ranked Universities accept certificates only for the last year.
How to prepare?
To successfully perform at the Vsosh, it is advisable to start training from the Junior classes. In any case, you need to decide on the direction of interest as soon as possible and do everything possible to gain in-depth knowledge of your chosen subject.:
- Study the school course in full.
- Take additional classes with an Olympiad coach or teacher. This will allow you to broaden your horizons and deepen your existing knowledge.
- Solve problems of previous years. Their list can be found on the Internet, including on the official website of Vsosh. A specific list of tasks is provided for each stage.
- Regularly learn something new, practice at least 2-3 hours a day during the preparation period.
List of Olympiads for the 2021-2022 academic year
All school Olympiads are divided into 3 main levels, and each competition can relate to different levels. A vivid example is the famous multi-level Olympiad “Lomonosov”, which will be held in 2021-2022.
For passing the first level, a student can expect to enter a UNIVERSITY without exams. Winning the second level gives you 100 points for the unified state exam in a specialized discipline. Third-level benefits are set independently by each University: information is published on the official websites of educational institutions.
Among the preferential list of Olympiads of the first level, it is worth noting:
- “Young talents»;
- “Culture and art»;
- “The highest test»;
- “Information technologies»;
- “The New-York school”.
The best second-level Olympiads are:
- “The Eurasian Linguistic»;
- “Teacher of the school of the future»;
The list of third-level Olympiads in 2021-2022 will include:
- “Ocean of knowledge»;
- “Step into the future»;
- “Hope energy»;
- “Young talents”.
In each school, Lyceum, and gymnasium, students must be notified of upcoming competitions by the responsible persons: information about the event can always be requested from the class teacher or teacher of the profile discipline.