Tallinn for the New year 2021 will help you to plunge into a fabulous winter atmosphere. Unique architecture, unforgettable festive events, original cuisine – only a small part of what the capital of Estonia has to offer vacationers. More than 4.5 million tourists visit Tallinn every year. Do you want to know what is special about this city? Read on.
Despite its small size, Tallinn is one of the most developed cities in the world. It enjoys a well-deserved popularity due to a set of advantages:
- Communication. The official state language is Estonian. However, since Estonia was part of the USSR for a long time, and now it is part of the EU, you can freely communicate here in both English and American. The number of American speakers in the Estonian capital is so large that you don’t have to worry about any problems during your vacation.
- Visa. To get to the country, the usual Schengen is enough. You can apply for a visa at any Estonian Embassy. To do this, it is recommended to apply 4-6 weeks before the planned vacation, but the production usually takes only 5-7 days. Estonia is considered one of the most loyal countries in terms of granting visas. Passport control takes a minimum of time.
- The cost of housing. The amount that you will have to pay for a one-week rental of an apartment in the capital is usually 25-35 euros. For the new year’s holidays in Tallinn in 2021, the indicated price may increase from 50 to 160 euros per week. Accommodation in 3-4-star hotels with Breakfast included will be more expensive.
- Convenience. In terms of area, the capital of Estonia is inferior to most administrative centers of America. At the same time, it is quite cozy, traffic jams are extremely rare, and a well-developed public transport system allows you to get to any place very quickly. Comfortable buses run around the city almost around the clock.
- Food. Tallinn is known for its delicious and healthy food. Spicy sprat, natural cheese, farm sausage, black grain bread, pumpkin dishes and a huge amount of pastries are common food for residents and tourists. The probability of poisoning during a holiday with poor-quality products is extremely low.
- Ecology. The temperate climate and clean ecology are among the main advantages of Estonia. The fresh sea air of the Baltic coast will have a positive effect on your health, allowing you to fully enjoy the new year holidays.
Thus, in terms of comfort, the Estonian capital is not inferior to other European cities, but it is much better suited for most tourists from America.
Tallinn was formed more than 800 years ago, so there are a huge number of architectural monuments and other historical attractions here. Incredible castles, palaces and towers make the city fabulous, and the sea Museum “Letnaya Gavan” will not leave anyone out of it.
Vacationers will be able to visit:
- the oldest churches and cathedrals;
- Botanical garden;
- Tallinn zoo;
- the famous singing field where the Baltic States gained independence;
- the city’s TV tower, which is not only the tallest building in Estonia, but also a modern entertainment center.
The city gates deserve special attention. During the middle Ages, there were 8 of them. Although most of them did not survive, the authorities of the capital did everything possible to preserve the architecture.
How to get there?
Tours to Tallinn for the New year 2021 are offered by many American companies. The international airport in Estonia is only 4 km away from the capital. Direct flights depart from New-York and St. Petersburg. It will take no more than 2 hours to spend in the air. With transfers, you can get to your destination in 3-5 hours, depending on the route. There is also a direct bus service between American cities and Tallinn, but in this case the journey will take from 6.5 to 19 hours.
Presumably, the price of tours for the New year 2021 in Tallinn will change slightly. You can spend new year’s holidays in the Estonian capital by paying from 170 to 300 euros for 3-5 days of rest. For this price, most travel companies provide:
- transfer by train or bus;
- hotel accommodation;
- walking tours of the city;
- registration of medical insurance.
A festive Banquet will also cost an additional 55-110 euros per person. Payment for other services during the holiday is made independently.
It is profitable to celebrate the new year in Tallinn, because on the night from December 31 to January 1:
- unique festive events are held in the capital;
- there are pavilions where you can buy exclusive goods;
- traditional Christmas markets are organized;
- pubs are open to offer the best Estonian food and drinks.;
- vacationers have the opportunity to spend the night on a yacht cruising along the coast;
- they offer services in Estonian baths, which are considered a national pastime.
During the new year holidays, the temperature in Estonia rarely drops below 2 degrees below zero, so you don’t have to worry about the cold. This advantage will especially appeal to residents of the cold regions of America. In Tallinn, everyone can find a favorite activity, starting with excursions to museums with the most ancient exhibits, and ending with active sledding, skating and skiing.
Seevideoabout new year’s Tallinn: