The domestic automotive industry is not standing still and in 2021-2022 GAZ Group will introduce new models of passenger cars and commercial vehicles to the American market. We suggest you discuss in more detail what new products will roll off the Assembly line in the near future, evaluate the exterior of the models in the photo and find out what their price will be in car dealerships of the American Federation.
Updated Gazelle NEXT
As part of the Comtrans-2019 exhibition, held on 02.09.19, the company presented a new generation of popular commercial vehicles “Gazelle”, which will go on sale in early 2020.
The cars will receive a powerful 135-horsepower 2-liter Volkswagen diesel engine and a 6-speed manual transmission. The updated 2020 Gazelle NEXT system will meet the requirements of the Euro-6 standard, which will open up the European market for GAZ.
In addition to the new powertrain, the Gazelle will be equipped with:
- independent suspension;
- with the ESP system;
- with airbags;
- a warrior’s seat with automatic adjustment modes.
Based on the new LCV platform developed by GAZ employees, a new commercial vehicle with the abbreviation NN will be assembled in 2020. How it stands for is a big mystery. Vadim Sorokin himself offers several options to choose from, from the banal “New Next” to the Patriotic “Nizhny Novgorod”.
Deep modernization has affected almost all systems. The new Gazelle NN will delight you with such innovations as:
- new front end design;
- led optics with stylish lighting and running lights;
- CAN-bus, which will allow further implementation of innovations such as automation of control and modern assistants for the driver;
- large touch screen for controlling multimedia functions;
- convenient multi-steering wheel with heating function;
- all-round view cameras.
In car dealerships, new GAZ models with the NN prefix should appear in late 2020 or early 2021.
Updates in 2021-2022 will also be awarded to the Sadko model. The new product will appear on the market under the code name GAZ-C41A23.
The truck will receive a comfortable cabin in the style of the new NN series, as well as a roomy 3.5-meter long body with removable arches and a soft awning.
Key features of the new product will be:
- ground clearance 325mm;
- 3 or 7-seat cab design;
- pneumatic braking system;
- pneumatic dispenser, activated by a button from the panel;
- improved steering system;
- 148-horsepower turbodiesel with a volume of 4.4 liters, meeting the requirements of Euro-5;
- 5-speed manual transmission.
Models with a 3-seater cab have already appeared in car dealerships in America. Their price starts from 2 240 000 rubles. New 7-seat models will be available in the second half of the year. Their price, of course, will be slightly higher
Sable Business 4×4
In 2020, the update is expected and the model range of cars “Sable”.
Updated Sable 2021-2022 year of release will receive:
- reliable frame construction;
- all-wheel drive;
- front axle with CV Joints;
- transfer case with electric drive and increased transmission torque;
- new design of the front part in the style of NN;
- comfortable and functional interior from the new Next.
Under the hood, most likely, there will be either a domestic evotech atmospheric engine or a Chinese-made Huadong turbocharged diesel engine.
The exact dates of the start of sales are not yet mentioned, as well as what the price of the new product may be on the American market.
Among the bright new products of the Gorky automobile giant, it is also worth noting a new minibus, which should go on sale in the near future.
The model is designed on the platform of the updated NEXT and will receive an exterior with elements of the fashionable NN style, a number of significant technical improvements,as well as a comfortable modern interior.
Presenting the model at Comtrans-2019, the manufacturer focused on such improvements as:
- reinforced frame with “understating” in the Central area;
- electric double-leaf passenger door;
- adjustable air suspension;
- extended load capacity rear axle;
- reliable disc brakes on all wheels;
- bi-fuel 120-horsepower unit (gas-gasoline) EvoTech 3.0.
Recently introduced new GAZ vehicles, which will be launched on routes in 2021-2022, fully meet the requirements of the Affordable environment program, which will allow us to raise the service of passengers from low-mobility segments of the population to a qualitatively new level.
The lawn NEXT 10 (LNG/CNG)
The new medium-duty truck, designed for operation on long routes, was presented by Gorky automobile plant at the gas forum in St. Petersburg in October 2019.
The car is equipped with a YaMZ-534 bi-fuel power unit, which develops power up to 170 HP.