Literary calendar in 2020-2021 school year filled with a variety of memorable dates. To a greater extent they relate to the life paths of famous authors who have created unique masterpieces of literature. It allows you to easily navigate to the most important events in the world of playwrights and poets. With it you can create your own plan for an open lesson or extra-curricular activities.
At the beginning of the 2020-2021 academic year to celebrate the birthdays of the following famous writers:
- 11.09.1804 (215) Aleksandr Ivanovich Polezhaev translator and poet, who worked in the direction of romanticism.
- 13.09.1894 (125) John Boynton Priestley, English novelist and novelist, theater Director. His works are “Dangerous turn”, “31 June” and “the Scandalous incident in Brikmille” was filmed by the Soviet cinema.
- 15.09.1789 (230) James Fenimore Cooper – an English novelist, who wrote in the genre of adventure fiction. His work “the Last of the Mohicans”, “the Deerslayer or the First warpath”, “Pathfinder” and so forth.
- 29.09.1904 (115) Nikolai Alexeevich Ostrovsky was a Soviet novelist, prose writer. His most famous work “How the steel was tempered”.
In October, among the anniversaries can be found such outstanding writers:
- 15.10.1814 (205) Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov – the great Russian poet and playwright and a talented artist. He made an enormous contribution to the development of Russian and world literature. His view on the existing problems of society had a great influence on his contemporaries and future writers.
- 16.10.1854 (165) Oscar Wilde, the English playwright, poet and journalist. The great literary figure of the late nineteenth century. His most famous works are “the Portrait of Dorian gray”, “the Canterville Ghost”, “the Nightingale and the rose”, “an Ideal husband”.
- 18.10.1934 (85) Kir Bulychev – Soviet writer and historian. Author of stories about the adventures of Alice Selezneva.
In 2020, 20 Nov celebrating 150 years (1869-1945) since the birth of the Russian poet, one of the most prominent representatives of writers of the Silver age, Zinaida Nikolaevna Gippius. For the journey of life she has created many wonderful poems and stories in prose, leaving a rich literary heritage for posterity.
Also in November, celebrating 325 years (1694-1778) since the birth of the world famous French philosopher Voltaire.
This month were born:
- 18.12.1819 (200) Yakov Petrovich Polonsky – Russian poet. His creativity manifested itself in writing poems, and poems on various topics: politics, social problems, human relationships. Many of his poems were set to music, and as a result turned into folk songs.
- 20.12.1904 (115) Yevgenia Solomonovna Ginzburg – Soviet writer and journalist. Author resonant autobiographical novel “sharp turn”, which tells about Stalin’s repressions.
Literary calendar for 2021 open the following prominent figures:
- 02.01.1920 (100) Isaac Asimov is an American science fiction writer born in the Russian Federation. He is the author of “the Three laws of robotics” and the word “robotics”, which is firmly established in the English and Russian languages. World fame brought him a series of stories “I, Robot”, where Asimov tells the story of a productive interaction of robots and humans.
- 07.01.1925 (95) Gerald Malcolm Durrell – English writer-naturalist, the famous zoologist. He became popular through his stories about the expeditions. In the future, developing their scientific activity in the study area rare species of animals, he founded the zoo in Jersey. There was organized a special trust for breeding rare and endangered animal species with their further dispersal in natural habitats.
- 15.01.1795 (225) Alexander Griboyedov – the great Russian playwright. He also possessed musical talent, was a diplomat and had the rank of State Councilor. His most famous work is the satirical Comedy “Woe from wit”.
- 29.01.1860 (160) Anton Pavlovich Chekhov – a great figure of Russian literature. His works have been translated into more чем100 languages of the world and belong to the classics of world literature. Their motives are still enjoy theatre and films. The most famous of them – “the Cherry garden” “Three sisters,” “Ward No. 6”, “Seagull”.
In February, celebrate anniversaries such authors:
- 10.02.1890 (130) Boris Leonidovich Pasternak – Russian poet, an outstanding representative of the great writers of the twentieth century. His novel “Doctor Zhivago” was appreciated not only in the USSR but also abroad.
- 14.02.1855 (165) Vsevolod Mikhailovich Garshin – the eminent writer and critic. The author of fairy tales “what was not” and “Frog-traveler”.
March literary calendar 2021 contains such memorable dates:
- 04 March marks the 55th birthday of Alexander A. Shaganova, the famous poet-songwriter. He has worked and continues its activities with many performers: Nikolay Rastorguev, Alla Pugacheva, Dmitry Malikov and others, He is the author of the song “Horse” and other popular songs of “lube”.
- 12.03.1925 (95) Harry Harrison – American science fiction. The Creator of many fantastic novels and short stories (“the Doctor of the spaceship”, “the Purpose of the invasion: Earth” series, “Eden”, etc.).
In April birthdays:
- 02.04.1805 (215) Hans Christian Anderson, writer of children’s fairy tales.
- 02.04.1840 (180) Emile Zola – French playwright.
- 10.04.1895 (125) Vsevolod Alexandrovich Rozhdestvensky was a Soviet poet, a military journalist.
The days of the last month of the school year can be dedicated to the following anniversaries:
- 05.05.1915 (105) Yevgeny Aronovich Dolmatovsky was a Soviet poet-songwriter.
- 13.05.1840 (180) Alphonse Daudet French novelist.
- 24.05.1905 (115) Mikhail Aleksandrovich Sholokhov was a Russian playwright, screenwriter and journalist. He is the author of the novels “and Quiet flows the don”, “the Destiny of man”, etc.