The countries of the Schengen area – the European area of more than 4.3 million km2 with uniform rules of customs control and open national borders. The citizens of these countries are entitled to move freely inside the territory, and the visits of foreigners provides for a single permit. When planning future trips, travelers will be actual information about how the list of Schengen in 2021. Are changes expected in the composition of the participants?
The list of countries
For 2021 the list of countries of the Schengen zone looks like this:
In addition to the above list the owner of the Schengen multivisa legally entitled to visit a number of countries. They are automatically included in the Schengen area due to the location in the territory of other States:
- The Principality Of Monaco (France).
- San Marino (Italy).
- Vatican City (Italy).
- Andorra (Spain).
While travellers with single entry visas should be aware of potential problems when you visit these countries. Entering, for example, in Andorra, the tourist was leaving the Schengen area, respectively, in the return required re-issuance of approval document. For entry to the territory of Monaco, Andorra, Vatican city or San Marino needs a visa, respectively, France, Spain or Italy.
The participants of the Schengen area is not identical to the composition of the European Union. For example, in the UK and Ireland, the EU members, the passport-visa regime. In addition, the UK is preparing to withdraw from the EU. And are the members of the Schengen area like Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland are not part of the European Union.
In 2021 the list of Schengen countries may expand at the expense of Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia, although their accession is delayed for one reason or another for years. Official information about new members yet. Now for these countries available for entry on the basis of the Schengen multivisa, but the holders of national visas of these countries can enter the Schengen zone. But between them there is an agreement on mutual recognition of national visa documents. For example, the owner of a Cypriot visa free to visit Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, and Vice versa.
Features of movement
On the territory of the Schengen abolished the internal passport and visa control, which gives the holder of a multiple entry visa for the free movement within the zone. Exceptions are possible at a time of major sporting or political events when interstate borders are sometimes closed for a period not exceeding 30 days, introduce more severe rules of passport control, which is associated to foreign nationals with increasing time of verification of documents. Such measures are associated with terrorist attacks on the territory of European countries.
Free rules of movement do not relate to the remote areas of the countries of the Schengen zone. For example, the Danish Autonomous regions of Faroe Islands and Greenland, Svalbard Norwegian, French Martinique, Dutch territories of Aruba and Curacao and others To visit these places are issued separate permits.
In addition, certain authorities were forced to strengthen border controls in order to reduce the flow of illegal immigrants and rising crime among them. Special rules apply to the following boundaries:
- on the German – Austria;
- on the Austrian – Hungary and Slovenia;
- the Hungarian – Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia (though the latter refers to the Schengen zone).
- in Danish with Germany and the ports that are the destination of the German ferries.
- in Swedish, the bridge Areson, southern and Western ports.
- Norwegian – seaports that are the arrival point of ferries from Germany, Denmark, Sweden.
What will change in 2021
From 1 January 2021 the planned entry into force of the amendments to the Visa code, which will affect the procedure for issuing visa documents including for USAн:
- Increase the maximum term to apply for a visa 6 months before the date of the trip (now only 3), but not later than 15 days. This will reduce the burden on consular services, and tourists will be able to plan ahead for travel.
- Travelers will be able to fill in a visa application online, without any additional terms or expenses. If a particular country will be the appropriate tools, she has the right to enter remote applications.
- The minor will be exempt from visa fees. As before, for children up to 6 years fee for issuing the visa is not provided. But from 2021 the Schengen agreement will be able at its discretion to make such decision in relation to children from 6 to 18 years.
- It will be able to receive multiple-entry visas with a gradual increase in validity from 1 year to 5 years. Innovation should save time and money of the applicants themselves and the Schengen area. Documents longer validity period will be available for return travellers with a positive visa history. For the latter, a prerequisite to enter the territory of the Eurozone on previously issued short-term visa only through the country that issued it (for example, when receiving a Finnish Schengen visa you need to enter the EU from the territory of Finland and not the other countries).
To annual visa will be able to count the applicants who have for the last 2 years was obtained and lawfully used 3 short-term visa. To finish the 2-year-old document have previously used at least one option year visa, obtained within the previous two years. For 5-year multiple entry visa need over the last 3 years to be the owner of a two-year permits.
- The visa fee will be increased from February 2, 2021 from 60 to 80 euros, but in 2021 it is not affected USAн thanks to agreements with the EU on the facilitation of Schengen, which provides for a preferential fee – 35 euros.