In the near future, Kia plans to introduce the fourth generation of the popular Sorento crossover model 2021. Although the manufacturer is struggling to keep the intrigue, hiding body parts and elements of the new interior under heavy camouflage, we can already say that the new Sorento will get a lot of interesting design and technical solutions.
The history of the model
1 generation the South Korean crossover Kia Sorento was released in 2002. The basis of the largest for the period of SUV in the lineup of Kia vehicles was based on the platform of the Hyundai Terracan. The car had a frame structure and two options all wheel drive transmission:
- with a rigidly connected front axle;
- with the Torque On Demand system with electronically coupling.
2 generation Kia Sorento, which received significant design and technical enhancements presented in 2009. The car was a front, got the extended engine range and an impressive package of new options.
3 generation the model rolled off the Assembly line in 2014, and in 2018 has undergone restyling, giving the exterior a more aggressive look. The third generation Kia Sorento Prime, which will be available in showrooms until 2021, inclusive, as close to the premium SUV class, which allowed the car to compete with the numerous European representatives of the class.
4th generation, the presentation of which is expected in late 2020 or 2021, promises to be a completely new generation and to please fans of the model large-scale changes in the exterior, interior and technical characteristics of the car.
Kia Sorento Prime (3rd generation)
If you are looking for a stylish, reliable, roomy with good permeability but the affordable price of the car for a big family – be sure to note the restyled version of the Prime well-known Kia Sorento.
Externally, the facelift model received only a small number of design improvements. To distinguish the new model from its predecessor is possible for such elements as:
- the new grille in the style of the GT-Line, retaining the recognizable shape inherent in the Kia;
- improved head optics with slightly modified geometry;
- led lighting modules fog lamps in the original “cubic” design.
- wheels R-19;
- changed the style of the bumpers.
In addition to the classic chrome finish is present in almost all models of Kia, new Sorento Prime, which will be available in 2020 and 2021, will be applied with varisia design dark chrome. Such stylistic decision will give the car a more spectacular view.
Salon Kia Sorento will please with Prime quality of materials and equipment to be envied by many models 2021, is represented in this price category.
New generation, received the prefix Prime, presented in a classic 5-location and the new 7-seat interior with three rows of seats.
The facelift also touched upon the equipment and interior models of the 3rd generation. For maximum comfort of the driver and passengers there are provided:
- convenient multifunction steering wheel 4-spaceway design;
- well-read instrument panel, which is in the most expensive models will duplicate the projected display;
- touch screen monitor to control navigation and multimedia system of the car;
- many control buttons, located on the Central tunnel;
- comfortable chairs with lots of individual adjustments and heated (all 3 rows);
- climate control;
- system wireless charging of gadgets;
- a wide range of interfaces for integration of different devices.
One of the indisputable advantages Kia Sorento release 2018-2021 is the perfect transformability of the cabin. Relatively small trunk 7-seater crossover with all the spread out seats is all 124 liters, but after transformation it increases to 1 730 liters. It is worth noting that in the process of reformation forms a completely flat surface.
The third generation is 20 mm longer than its predecessor. Dimensions of the new Sorento Prime are: