Ahead of the New 2021, which means it’s time to think about how to make friends and family interesting crafts, gifts or clip in the technique of kanzashi with their hands.
Bright and unusual jewelry kanzashi – a great idea if you want to please your mother, girlfriend or sister! They will be delighted with an original gift, made by yourself.
What is kanzashi?
The word comes from the Japanese language. It means jewellery, flowers and all kinds of bizarre elements that geisha wear on their heads. Kanzashi are made from different materials, but the flowers made from silk is the most appropriate fabric that allows you to simulate flower petals.
We have to use more kanzashi cheap and comfortable materials like satin ribbons of different widths. It is from them that we will do a DIY for the New 2021. The Network has a lot of workshops on this topic. Especially popular video from a girl by the name of Lerida. She’s really into polymer clay, and her work is amazingly beautiful. We consider the most original, but at the same time, simple DIY that anyone can do with their hands at home.
Symbol 2021 – bull. Therefore, produce the charming rat from the petals.
We will need the following:
- the basis of the Styrofoam ball with a diameter of about 5 cm (sold in stores for creativity);
- blue satin ribbon (width 2 cm, length not less than 2 m);
- white satin ribbon (width 2 cm, length not less than 0.5 m);
- white satin ribbon (width 5 cm, length less than 0.3 m);
- a lighter or candle;
- the hot glue;
- black beads for eyes and nose.
The work is painstaking and time consuming, but simple. DIY kanzashi will appeal to those who likes to spend time embroidery, knitting and other crafts. It is a creative process that excites, so that time flies.
1. From blue ribbon (can be grey or brown – how do you see rat) cut into squares of 2*2 cm will Need at least 50 squares.
2. Take a square and folding it in half diagonally. The resulting triangle.
3. Bend the triangle in half and then in half again. Get a petal.
4. For fixing the petal pass at the radiating edge of a … lighter: the flame will glue the satin. Do similarly for another 50 petals.
5. Styrofoam ball cut in half. It is the body of a bull and the basis of her muzzle.
6. Detachable base of the muzzle, drawing it with a Sharpie.
7. Begin to fill the torso of the bull, petals, stick them with hot glue row by row.
8. From wide white strips do face: take a square 5*5 cm, folded in half diagonally and fix on the edge of the lighter.
9. Of narrow white tape cut into squares 2*2, see Need 6 pieces: 4 legs and 2 ears.
10. Do the white squares in the petals.
11. You will need 3 strips of white tape with a length of approximately 5 cm From each strip take out the long threads to get the fringe – this will be the fur of a bull.
12. Glue 3 layers of fur to the muzzle.
13. Glue the spout.
14. Glue the muzzle with fur and a spout on the trunk.
15. It remains to add eyes, ears and paws: this is also glued with hot glue.
Symbol 2021 – bull in the technique of kanzashi is ready! You can attach to her rope and hanging on a Christmas tree. Or give it to someone.
Kanzashi Christmas tree
What a New year without a Christmas tree? In the technique of kanzashi can be in your own hands to make a tree of astonishing beauty and splendor. The main thing – to choose the ribbon, rich green color.
You’ll need the following:
- cone of green cardboard (in our example, the height of the cone is small – about 10 cm, but you can make it any size);
- green satin ribbon with a width of 3 cm;
- a lighter or candle;
- the hot glue;
- decorations for future Christmas trees (beads, beads, decorative stars etc.).
1. The tree was more stable, make it the bottom. Cut out the cardboard circle and tape it to the bottom.
2. Now we will draw petals. We produce them in two ways.
3. The first method, as in the previous example: first, from a square 2*2 cm do the triangle, then fold it in half again and in half again. The edges processed by the flame of a candle or lighters for their bonding.
4. The second petal is done a little differently. First, fold the square diagonally, then in half again. And now we turn on both edges out, and also pass the lighter. The photo shows how it’s done in stages.
5. After a few different petals (you’ll need at least 50 pieces, but you will be able to finish them in the process), begin to collect the Christmas tree from the bottom up.
6. Petals kanzashi bonded alternately: first one, then the other. So the Christmas tree will be magnificent.
7. Continue to glue petals until cone is filled completely.
Christmas tree is ready! It remains to decorate it with beads and star. If you want, the bottom can not to stick. And then under the tree-kanzashi you can hide little gifts. For example, a ring or a piece of candy.
Still the most beautiful crafts in the technique of kanzashi are flowers and snowflakes. Due to symmetry, the product obtained is very attractive. And the scope for creativity is huge: you can use different colors and color combinations, and decor: beads, beads, etc.
Times ahead of the New year, make a beautiful snowflake. We used white tape, but you can take the silver, blue and any other. We need to work:
- a roll of white satin ribbon 2 cm wide;
- beads (large and small);
- the hot glue;
- cotton pad;
- paper clips (two pieces);
- a lighter or candle.
It is even more hard work than the fishbone or the bull in the technique of kanzashi. But the result is worth it.
1. Cut ribbon pieces the same length, as shown in the photo. This starter set of pieces from which will only one petal of the future snowflake.
2. Take a piece of 5 cm and fold it in half lengthwise.
3. Then fold in half crosswise and fix with a clamp.
4. Now take a piece of 6 cm and done with him of the same.
5. Align the edges and add a 6-inch piece to 5 cm.
6. Do the same thing with a piece of 7 cm and Then again at 6 cm and 5 cm
7. The result of all actions must be of such five-leaves flower petal, as pictured. Zapevaet the edges with lighter.
8. Do the same on the two plates of the three petals.
9. In three leaf petals put beads, as pictured.
10. Glue two pieces of the petal and between the individual five-leaves. These blanks need 6 pieces.
12. When all the blanks are done, take a cotton pad and draw on it for 6 flat lobes.
13. On each of the glued workpiece.
14. In the middle, glue on a large bead, and small evenly distributed around the perimeter of the snowflake. You can sprinkle silver glitter or paint the individual elements of silver acrylic paint. Use your fantasy and create!
Kanzashi-snowflake is ready! It takes about 1.5 hours. The finished snowflake you can attach to the headband or to make a few crafts to decorate their apartment (ceiling, for example).
Some elements (for example, three petals) can be made from strips of a different color. Then the snowflake will be more colorful and bright. And if you reduce all the dimensions by 2 times, get a very small hack, which can be a great brooch for the Christmas outfit. Just don’t forget the reverse side glue on the hot glue a pin with a pin (sold in stores for creativity).
Kanzashi tried the technique once, you will forever fall in love with it. A good movie or your favorite music you can make with your hands a lot such articles. In the workshops Larity shown even more complex methods of making petals, but they are very beautiful. Get inspired, be creative and try!
Also see the video instructions for creating other original ornaments kanzashi: