The oldest skating rink in New-York in Gorky Park will welcome its visitors in the 2021-2022 season in an updated design. Every year, his team surprises with more and more interesting concepts, decorations and novelties of the entertainment program, which attract many Muscovites and guests of the capital to the ice arena.
Features of the site
The skating rink in Gorky Park is an artificial turf area of almost 20,000 m2, where about 6,000 people can skate at the same time. Thanks to modern cooling equipment, this can be done at any temperature, even above zero. Here you can have fun with the whole family from small to large: a basic an ice arena, a Playground for beginners, where they will be convenient to take the first steps on the ice with the free simulators-helpers in the form of penguins, and a hockey rink where you can watch sports events or hire her for training teams of up to 15 people.
For a comfortable and exciting pastime, visitors are offered:
- 4 entrances, pavilions with skate rental and protective equipment points (including a separate pavilion for visitors who come with their skates), cloakroom, skate sharpening services.
- Designated areas for speed skating, figure skating, and tubing ramps.
- Dance “Stereomatic” and “star road” with modern fluorescent equipment.
- A separate ice space for children with an individual warm locker room, ticket office, rental office and cafe where parents can spend time waiting for their child.
- 2-storey Central pavilion at the main entrance with an area of 2000 m2, where there is a rental shop and warm food courts.
- There are many public catering outlets located on the Central alley, in the Central pavilion and in the “Hearth” zone.
- Superior pavilion, where the entrance fee includes Parking, transfer from it by electric car, skate rental and free hot drinks.
- Essential Studio Mediacube, which hosts DJ sets, Raffles, concerts for fans of independent music.
- Possibility of learning to ride in General or individual classes.
- Quiz-quests – team quizzes for mindfulness and quickness of mind, in which children and adults can take part.
The opening of the ice rink in Gorky Park will take place in the second half of November. The exact date, as well as the theme design of the site in 2021-2022, will be known closer to the beginning of the season. Traditionally, this event will be accompanied by a large-scale party with star presenters, a concert, shows and master classes, which will end with a festive fireworks display. During the season, the site will operate according to the following schedule::
|Tuesday||10: 00-23: 00 (technical break from 15: 00 to 17: 00)|
|Friday||10:00 – 24:00|
(tech break from 15: 00 to 17: 00)
On Fridays and weekends, you can not only skate here, but also enjoy the performances of DJs and musicians. They are held from 19: 00 to 23: 00 in a glass media room, and the sound is relayed to the entire rink.
Adult and children’s entrance tickets are provided at the skating rink. The latter apply to children aged 7-14 years. The price is also affected by the desired day and time of visiting the ice arena.
|The type of ticket||Session time||The price on weekdays||Price on weekends and holidays|
|Main ice rink|
|Children’s ice rink|
|Adult (for accompanying person)||10:00-15:00||150||200|
When planning a trip to the ice rink, keep in mind that:
- Ticket sales stop one hour before the end of sessions.
- Public holidays here include February 23, March 8 and 9.
- The prices listed above only include admission to the selected session and renting a storage box.
If necessary, additional services are paid in the form of:
- rental of skates/protective equipment – 250 RUB./150 RUB.;
- sharpening skates – 300 rubles.;
- skating training: General class / individual with an instructor – 200 rubles/1500 rubles for 1 hour;
- rent of a hockey field (for 90 minutes) – 10,000-15,000 rubles.
Benefits and discounts
At the skating rink in Gorky Park, there is a system of benefits and discounts, but they apply only to the price of entrance tickets, additional services are always paid at full cost. So, free admission is provided:
- on any day – children under 6 years of age (if accompanied by adults who bought a ticket), disabled children, orphans, as well as veterans of the second world war, disabled people of all groups;
- on Tuesdays and Thursdays – if they do not fall on holidays) – for children from large families;
- on Tuesdays from 10:00 to 15:00 – for pensioners.
Individual categories of visitors can buy tickets with a 30% discount. Such a right have retired (in any weekdays, except holidays, and allocated time as free riding), combat veterans (on weekdays), pupils and full-time students (Tuesdays and Thursdays), large families, parents of children with disabilities, guardians of orphans.