Among the many social dates celebrated in America, it is worth highlighting the health Day, which in 2021 will traditionally be held in all regions of the country on April 7.
We invite you to learn more about the history of the project, when and why this particular date was chosen, as well as the traditions that are already inextricably linked with health Day in 2021.
History of the holiday
Issues of promoting a healthy lifestyle on April 7, 2021 will be raised not only in America, because World Health Day is a world date that has been celebrated for more than 70 years. Today, the world health organization consists of 194 countries, geographically located in various parts of the world.
World health day was first held in 1950, although the idea of such a date was put forward in 1948 at the world health Assembly. Initially, the date was planned to coincide with the ratification of the who Charter (July 22), but later it was decided to assign the date of official creation of the organization to health Day, because it was on April 7 that the who Charter came into force.
Important! Over the past 70 years, the date of health day has remained unchanged and in 2021, events under the auspices of the UN will be held on Wednesday 07.04.21.
Although world health day is perceived as a holiday in many countries, the day is not an official weekend.
The purpose of the project
World health day is not just a beautiful thematic date in the calendar of 2021. The project has global goals:
- health care of the population;
- promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- discussion and resolution of current health issues;
- attracting public attention to existing problems.
In recent years, a specific theme has been chosen for each world health day. The topics of recent years have been:
- “Universal health coverage” (in 2019);
- “Health for all” (in 2018);
- “Depression: let’s talk” (2017);
- “Let’s beat diabetes” (in 2016)
- “Food safety” (in 2015).
What will be the theme of the health Day in 2021 is still unknown. The organizers will announce it shortly before the date of the holiday (usually the topic is announced before the end of February).
Traditions and events
For more than 70 years of history, health Day has acquired its own traditions and in 2021, knowing what date will be held in your city dedicated to healthy lifestyle events, you can visit:
- conferences, seminars and lectures on medical topics;
- lectures on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common diseases;
- free (or with significant discounts) diagnostic measures for early detection of a number of serious diseases in specialized clinics and diagnostic centers;
- sports competitions that promote healthy lifestyle, as well as marathons and bike rides;
- charity events;
- fascinating master classes.
Residents of cities and towns will also be able to get a free examination and get a doctor’s consultation in special mobile centers.
Not only employees of medical institutions are preparing for the health Day. On this day, kindergartens, schools and universities always talk about the importance of disease prevention, physical activity and a healthy lifestyle, organizing exciting outdoor games, quests and sports competitions for the younger generation.
Other important medical dates
Of course, you can talk about the importance of healthy lifestyle, prevention and early diagnosis in 2021 not only on April 7, because there are many other dates in the calendar.
- Administrative division– world day:
- MD– international day.