The smell of spruce, tangerines and fragrant homemade cakes with cinnamon – the New year 2021 is about to come! Traditionally, on the eve of winter holidays and Christmas, Housewives bake gingerbread in many homes. Today we will share with you interesting recipes, with the help of which even beginners in this exciting business, baking and icing, will cope with a solid five!
Tips for beginners
To make gingerbread cakes for the 2021 Bull celebration delicious and flavorful, check out some of the main points before you start working.
- Always take high-quality products that are required by prescription. Do not replace butter with spread or margarine, natural honey – artificial.
- Be sure to sift the flour through a fine sieve – this will help it to be enriched with oxygen, and the dough will be well kneaded.
- Prepare a dry mixture of spices in advance, this will allow all the ingredients to “make friends” in order to open up as much as possible when baking.
- If you need to add cocoa, it is better to take an alkalized one – the taste and aroma of finished products will be stronger and richer.
- It is recommended to keep the finished dough wrapped in plastic wrap or a bag in the cold for at least 8 hours, after which it will become elastic and elastic.
- When rolling out the dough, it is convenient to use silicone mats, which are also suitable for high oven temperatures.
- If you do not have a special set of cuttings, use a glass, Cup, or children’s molds for playing.
- After taking out the finished pastry, turn each gingerbread face down, cover with a wooden Board and press down with your weight. A few minutes under this pressure will help to get rid of uneven surfaces and “caps”. This is necessary so that the glaze does not spread, it looks mirror-smooth.
- To prevent drying out, store the finished product in tightly closed containers or containers.
- Only cool gingerbread cakes can be covered with icing!
Protein glaze for gingerbread painting:video
Working with the dough and painting with icing is an ideal opportunity to spend a warm family evening with a common class together with the children. Prepare everything you need in advance, tell us the safety rules (hot oven), distribute the processes among themselves – the success of your business is guaranteed!
To prepare gingerbread cookies for the New year 2021, we suggest that you choose one of our following recipes. If you are a novice pastry chef, choose simple and clear options without complex processes: prepare cookies in simple shapes, gradually complicating the task.
Perhaps one of the simple, fast and uncomplicated options, it is well suited for working together with children.
List of required products:
- chicken egg – 1 PC.;
- honey – 1tbsp. L.;
- vanillin – on the tip of a knife;
- sugar – 1 tbsp.;
- salt – 1/5 tsp.;
- soda, extinguished with vinegar, – 1 tsp.;
- softened butter-50 g;
- wheat flour – 2 tbsp.;
- sunflower oil – 1 tbsp.
- In a food processor or blender, whisk together the egg, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- In a small container in a water bath, melt the butter and honey, do not boil! Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the beaten egg with sunflower oil, slaked soda and honey-oil mixture in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and knead the dough, using a wooden spatula or spoon.
- Wrap the finished dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough, cut out figures with a mold or Cup, thickness – 0.5 cm.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes, remove with a spatula.
- After cooling, decorate with icing or confectionery powder.
Honey-ginger with nutmeg
This 2021 Ox gingerbread recipe is sure to appeal to fans of exotic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. The incredible aroma that appears in the kitchen during baking will plunge you into the atmosphere of festive chores.
- egg – 1 PC.;
- honey-200 g;
- nutmeg – 0.5 tsp.;
- cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.;
- ginger (ground or dried) – 1 tsp.;
- baking powder – 1 pack.;
- butter – 100 g;
- sugar – 100 g;
- flour – 500 g;
- cinnamon-0.5 tsp.;
- salt-1 pinch;
- vanilla sugar – 25 g (factory packaging).
Stages of work:
- In a saucepan, combine honey, sugar, spices, salt, vanilla sugar, cocoa and baking powder, put on the stove for a small fire, stirring occasionally. You can also use a water bath, if desired, add other ingredients, such as lemon zest, cardamom, ground cloves. The taste is greatly influenced by the type of honey: floral or acacia adds tenderness, buckwheat or chestnut-saturation.
For lovers of spicy dishes, you can prepare pastries with the addition of ground black pepper or paprika. However, it is worth remembering to strictly observe the proportions of the components!
- Heat until foam forms, remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the butter at room temperature, beat in the egg, and mix thoroughly. Now gradually introduce the flour, knead the dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To prepare the disposable bags, and shapes.
- Roll out the layer (thickness 0.5 cm), cut out the figures, put in the preheated oven to bake at a temperature of 170-180 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove with a spatula, leave to cool. Decorate with icing.
For people who adhere to the Christmas fast, we recommend cooking gingerbread on cucumber brine according to an old American recipe. They do not contain any eggs, milk or butter, and only powdered sugar is used as decoration.
- brine – 150 ml;
- sugar – 100 g;
- flour – 1.5 tbsp.;
- vegetable oil-150 g;
- baking powder – 1 pack.
- Combine the brine with vegetable oil, sugar and a packet of baking powder.
- Pre-sift the flour, gradually add to the mixture.
- Cut out figures from the rolled layer.
- Bake at 160 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Filling with icing is painstaking and requires perseverance, but the end result justifies all efforts, because ready-made gingerbread sometimes looks like real works of confectionery art.
- 1 egg white;
- powdered sugar – 250 g;
- lemon juice – 1 tsp.;
- food coloring agents of different colors.
- Take a fresh chicken egg, wash it thoroughly. Beat the protein a little, gradually introduce powdered sugar (before starting work, it must be sifted through a fine sieve). It is better to buy ready-made sugar in supermarkets than to grind it yourself – it is almost impossible to achieve a fine fraction at home.
- The glaze should resemble sour cream in consistency, stretch from the whisk.
- Divide the mixture into parts, add colorants (it is more convenient to work with helium) and lemon juice. Leave one part without paint – it will be used for the outline.
- Pour the icing into pastry bags, cut off the excess, tie it so that it does not flow out. You can use office files and rubber bands.
- Use an unpainted bag to draw a clear outline and leave it for half an hour.
- Fill the surface inside the contour with colored glaze, and use a bamboo toothpick for the far corners. You can shake the cookies a little so that the mixture is evenly distributed on the surface. It is important that there is no formation of air bubbles — such works look sloppy and unpresentable.
- Full drying takes about a day, after which you can do holiday packaging.
- A hole made with a straw for drinks will allow you to make a garland or Christmas tree decoration.
Symbol of the year
The mascot of the upcoming New year 2021 is a Bull, which means that drawings on gingerbread with the image of this animal are very relevant today.
Of course, you will have to work hard – this process requires additional training and time. Funny cows and Ferdinand calf, painted with colored glaze, will be able to please even the most demanding sweet tooth.
Gingerbread cookies on bamboo picnic skewers – toppers-can be used to decorate cakes or as an individual gift to each guest.
Famous TV presenter and actress Yulia Vysotskaya shares her favorite recipe for ginger cookies for Christmas:video