Many families have a tradition of decorating the Christmas tree with toys and tinsel together on New year’s eve. But every time there are new balls of the same type and snowmen bought in specialized supermarket departments. Do you want your new year tree to become unique and unique in 2021, with original garlands and decorations? Then it’s time to learn how to make them yourself!
If you plan to work on creating crafts together with young children, be sure to follow some basic rules:
- Adhere to security requirements.
- Restrict children from contact with aerosols, hot devices and appliances (thermal gun, stove, oven), if such actions are provided for in the instructions of the training lesson.
- Work with a knife and scissors – under the supervision of adults.
For hand-made products, almost any improvised material is used, but you should choose only those options that do not pose a risk of injury when working with them. For example, replace the use of glass balls with plastic analogues.
The new year 2021 is just around the corner, so do not postpone the process of creating toys with your own hands for the last days of the outgoing year. Among our selection of training lessons, choose the most popular options, and feel free to start working.
Christmas ball #1
Christmas tree decorations are the most versatile gift during the new year holidays. Imagination knows no bounds, so your product will definitely be an original gift for friends and family. And from all the crafts of your family members, you will get a beautiful garland of balloons on the wall.
- transparent plastic balls;
- multi-color acrylic paints;
- paper towels or napkins.
- Remove the attachment on the balls.
- In the process, 2 colors will be used for each toy. Take the first tube of paint, squeeze a little inside.
- Cover the hole with a napkin and shake the ball to evenly distribute the color.
- Repeat the same procedure with the second color, but squeeze out the paint in the place where the ball was not covered (transparent).
- Crank it in your hands.
- Place the balloon overnight on a paper towel with the hole facing down to dry.
- Put on the mount.
Christmas ball #2
Small LEGO parts are a great material for creative construction and developing your child’s imagination. Usually, children use it to build cars, houses, and story installations according to the attached instructions. Instruct your little helper to assemble a Lego ball, which can then be hung together on the Christmas tree.
Gallery of photo ideas
One of the most interesting and easy ways to decorate an ordinary transparent balloon is to fill it with various components. It can be almost anything:
- confectionery topping;
- small round candies;
- shiny sequins or stars;
- decorative stones;
- rolled up rolls of paper.
Here everything depends on the author’s idea, sometimes even the most ordinary things from this angle look really fascinating and elegant.
Snowflakes from sticks #1
Even such an ordinary material has found its application in some crafts – it is easy to work with it and create new Christmas toys for the New year.
- sticks for ice cream or stirring hot drinks;
- buttons of different sizes;
- a thermal pistol.
- Collect a snowflake from several sticks, fix them together with glue.
- Paint the craft with acrylic paints, let it dry.
- Use a thermal gun to fix the buttons at random.
Snowflakes from sticks #2
Branches of trees and bushes can be used to assemble snowflakes from small sticks. This snowflake will look great in the interior decorated in eco-style.
The list of material and tools:
- garden pruning shears;
- thick thread (rope);
- glue gun with rods;
- the base is felt, thick cardboard.
- Pre-cut the branches, dry a little at room temperature.
- Using a pruner or scissors, make blanks of sticks of several sizes, distribute them in piles.
- A little sandpaper to process, removing excess bark.
- Cut out the base size of 1 by 1 cm from felt or cardboard, glue 4 large sticks in the form of a “+ ” sign.
- Add a little of the workpiece as shown in the photo.
- At the top, tie a string for hanging.
- Decorate to your taste.
The bull hook
The symbol of 2021 is considered to be a Bull, so you can’t do without such a toy in the new year’s decoration of the apartment. For those who know how to crochet, we suggest knitting a cute bull. Step-by-step instructions are presented in three parts of the video recording of author’s training lessons.
Star made of cardboard
Decorations based on cardboard are not difficult to perform, they can be decorated with various materials, painted or wrapped with yarn.
- decorative tape;
- printed paper.
- Draw a star on the cardboard and cut it out.
- Make a smaller star blank out of paper.
- Stick it on a cardboard base.
- Fix the rope bow and hanging tape with glue.
Toys with yarn
Toys with yarn, made in the style of old traditions, will be a great gift for your family and friends, will remind them of your trembling feelings and love.
List of required materials and tools:
- multi-colored yarn;
- decorative elements – bows, rhinestones.
- On paper, draw animal figures, trees, or other options to suit your taste. You can apply ready-made templates.
- Cut out, transfer to cardboard and make blanks.
- Tie a string on each sample, make a loop, fix it with glue.
- Prepare small balls of thread by dividing the skeins into several parts so that they can be threaded through the holes of the shapes.
- Make the first turn, on the reverse side of the workpiece glue the end of the thread.
- Wind the yarn in random order-randomly or turn to turn.
- Pay attention to bends and turns – the thread can slide without covering the cardboard. If necessary, you can use glue, also at the end of the work to strengthen the end of the thread.
- Add decor to your taste.
One of the many categories of products made with your own hands can be called sewing from felt. Even a beginner can work with this material, the main thing is to show imagination and diligence. Cute toys of new year’s theme will not leave anyone indifferent, they will perfectly fit into the holiday atmosphere in the house and will delight on a cold winter evening.