It’s time to make your own Christmas crafts. In 2021, the main focus is on the bull-the patron animal according to the Eastern horoscope. Giving it away is a pleasure. After all, the bull symbolizes happiness, prosperity, renewal in all spheres of life, good luck and fertility. It is desirable that hand-made products are functional-the patron of the year is practical and will not appreciate trinkets – “dust collectors”. Well-suited as a gift gobies-piggy banks, boxes, stands for pencils or magnets-holders on the refrigerator. And, of course, Christmas toys, without which bright and magical new year’s holidays are impossible.
Paper decor is one of the fashion trends in interior design. Budget material looks spectacular in new year’s crafts, especially if you use varieties with a pattern or metallic coating. The symbol of 2021 can also be made from paper. The easiest option is to download a suitable pattern, print it out and glue together a fun toy.
This is a great Christmas craft for kindergarten. A child can make a toy independently, with minimal parental involvement. Even if you use ordinary office paper for the figure, it will keep its shape thanks to the closed contour. However, it is better to stick the printed pattern on a thin cardboard.
To make the bull-calf truly new year’s, a red cap made separately with a retainer strip is put on it.
The symbol of the year, the metal Bull, prefers functional gifts. Therefore, in his honor, it is recommended to make not just an origami figure, but a practical bookmark-corner. If you take a sufficiently strong paper, for example, office sheets with a density of 80 g/m2, or packaging Kraft, such a product will last a long time.
For a standard bookmark, you will need:
- a square sheet with a size of 21 × 21 cm;
- thin decorative cardboard of yellow (Golden) and light pink color;
- glue stick or thermal gun;
- markers or paints (watercolors, acrylics);
- doll’s eyes.
- We place a square sheet of one of the vertices to ourselves, the wrong side up. Fold it twice diagonally to make a triangle.
- We take only one layer of paper at the top of the shape and bend it down. This creates a square.
- Fold the right corner to the middle. We do the same on the left.
- We reveal the newly made folds.
- These same angles are now raised to the top of the triangle.
- Then we “fill” each one inside the resulting “pocket”.
- Bend along the lines outlined in step 3.
- The base corner is ready. Let’s start decorating. If desired, draw bull spots with a marker or paint. If you use watercolors, it is better to replace office sheets with special paper for painting. It has a coarse-grained texture and absorbs water-based paints well. Also, spots can be made in the technique of application, for example, from velvet paper.
- We cut out the nose from pink cardboard. Draw characteristic, large nostrils.
- We cut out horns from yellow cardboard or Golden foil. Despite the fact that in real bulls they are quite long, curved in shape, you should not make such bookmarks. Strongly protruding parts quickly get frayed and come off.
- Ready-made decorative elements are pasted on the upper triangle of the bookmark to make the animal’s face.
Made of fabric
It is not difficult to sew a small new year’s bull from fabric, and suitable scraps and related materials can be found in every home. Textile toys create a special atmosphere of comfort and evoke pleasant tactile sensations. They can be used as a refrigerator magnet, Christmas tree decoration or a sachet pendant. In the latter case, to the traditional stuffing of cotton wool or sintepuh, you need to add aromatic herbs and spices: lavender, cloves, anise, Basil, verbena, bergamot. In addition, 2-3 drops of essential oil are applied to the inside of the fabric. Then the sachet will smell much longer.
For a simple toy, you will need:
- burlap or other natural textured fabric, white or brown fleece, and a small piece of felt or suede;
- embroidery floss in brown;
- foil for baking;
- decorative cotton cord or twine;
- We cut out two identical rectangles from the fabric. We put them together “face” to “face”. On the upper rectangle, draw the body of a bull in the form of an inverted trapezoid with rounded corners.
- From black felt, suede or other dense fabric that does not “crumble”, we cut out the ears. They should be proportional to the torso. We put the ears inside the folded rectangles, placing them in the place where the head will be. We fix the top with tailor’s pins. Later, when the figure is stitched along the contour, the ears will be sewn to the body.
- From a piece of twine we make a ponytail, tying a knot on one side and fluffing the ends of the thread into a brush. Put the item inside in front of the ears.
- We also fix it with pins.
- We cut the decorative cord into two equal parts. Each fold in half, in this place we make a knot. These are the legs of a bull. We fix them in the same way as the tail and ears. All parts should be directed inside the body, not protruding beyond its borders. Otherwise, they will be cut off in the future.
- We stretch the torso along the contour, leaving a small hole. We cut off the excess fabric.
- Remove the pins and turn the product on the front side. Carefully straighten all the details.
- We fill the finished body with holofiber or other similar material. The left hole is sewn manually with a secret stitch.
- After the torso is completely ready, we will move on to the bull’s face. For it, you will need a fleece of a contrasting shade.
- Cut out the oval.
- We collect it along the edge on a thread.
- And tighten, giving the details volume.
- We put a little holofiber inside the resulting “boat”. We tighten the thread even more so that the filler does not fall out.
- We attach the muzzle to the body with a secret seam. Its location is shown in the photo.
- After making two through stitches at an equal distance, we select the animal’s nostrils.
- We twist the foil base for the horns.
- We apply hot glue to the resulting cones and wrap them with brown thread or twine. It can also be used for fixing “Moment Crystal”or ” Titanium”.
- Using a thermal gun, attach the horns on both sides of the head.
- Doll’s eyes can be bought or made independently from polymer clay, cold porcelain, salt dough. Pupils in the handmade version are convenient to make from beads.
- We glue the eyes above the muzzle, placing them close to each other – so the bull looks funnier.
- The toy is almost ready. It remains only to complete the legs.
- We thread the ends of the twine into the beads. From the bottom we tie a large knot so that the “hooves” do not slip.
- Roll a small piece of holofiber into a ball. And glue between the horns, making the bull a magnificent new year’s hairstyle.
- With acrylic paint, we draw specks to the bull. If desired, you can make them in the technique of applying felt or thin glove suede.
- Just like that, you can pay tribute to the new year 2021 and sew a charming craft with your own hands. A little effort, and a home-made goby will not be inferior to its factory counterparts.
On the reverse side of the body, if necessary, glue a magnet.
Made of yarn
Children will be happy to make an ultralight bull-calf toy out of a pompom. It won’t take much time, but a wonderful gift or Christmas decoration is guaranteed. You will need wool yarn of any kind and a piece of cardboard, 4.5 cm wide.
We wind the yarn on cardboard. The more layers – the more magnificent the pompom will turn out. We collect the coils more tightly and carefully remove them from the cardboard base.
We tie the yarn loops in the middle with a thread and tighten them tightly. Our task is to fix the skein securely so that it does not break up later. Evenly distribute the coils, forming a circle. Cut the yarn along the center line. Carefully shake the product, giving it fluffiness. We cut the ends of the threads so that the pompom is perfectly smooth and round.
From felt of two colors we make a bull’s nose, ears and horns. We attach them to the body-pompon with hot glue. The eyes are made of black artificial pearls.
Goby will look spectacular on the Christmas tree in eco-style.
Made of jute
You will not have to buy a sweet new year’s gift if you have a tin can of canned food and jute at hand. In addition, you will need:
- felt or its worthy replacement-a kitchen napkin;
- white decorative cord;
- doll eyes, mini pompoms, half beads.
The jar is tightly wrapped with jute twine. Cover the bottom with cardboard. The edge of the jar is additionally decorated with a white cord. It imitates the fur on the new year’s cap.
The headdress itself will be made of thin felt or a table napkin. We cut the upper part of the “cap” with a fringe. We make a bull’s nose, ears and horns from felt of different colors. Glue the eyes and nostrils from beads. And now the most important thing is to fill the jar to the top with sweets.
We glue POM-poms in the lower part of the hoof, tie the hat with a decorative cord, and on the reverse side of the container we also make a tail out of it. And we put a gift under the Christmas tree or on the festive table.
Drawing of a pattern for ears, muzzle and horns:
From the Christmas ball
Christmas plastic ball a little oshkurim fine emery and cover in 2-3 layers of water-based paint. Use acrylics to draw the spots. We will cover the product with varnish and let it dry well. We will make a nose, ears, horns, eyes and hooves out of salt dough or polymer clay. Glue the parts to the base ball. On the reverse side, we will make a tail out of jute, a sword or rope.
You can add a distinctive accessory-a bell. So, in just half an hour, we made a miracle with our own hands – we turned a budget toy into a symbol of 2021, a Bull. The craft can be hung on your own Christmas tree or presented as a gift.
From the cord
On a base of dense felt or foamiran, we lay a decorative cord in a spiral, fixing it with glue. We leave the end free and develop it to form a brush. The nose is also made from a cord and glued to the base. We use plastic hearts for the nostrils and beads for the eyes. On the reverse side of the product we attach a magnetic strip.
Pattern for the base
From the sock
Budget new year’s bull is warmer and more cordial than purchased toys. You can even make it out of a regular sock. How to make it, see the video: