Cross-stitch of the symbol of 2021, the Bull, will not be a problem even for children, if you use the appropriate scheme. But after spending a little time, you can get a decoration that will keep the new year’s mood for many months. The main thing is to follow the simple instructions and choose high-quality materials.
What you need for embroidery
To prepare for the arrival of 2021, we need not only schemes of new year’s cross-stitch. To get started, you will definitely need:
- Needles.It is best to use tapestry needles for embroidery. They have a blunt tip that doesn’t tear the fabric. The eyelet is thick and will not RUB the threads during operation.
- Thread.For beginners, it is better to choose floss. They are more manageable and wear-resistant, do not fade and easily tolerate washing. Among the most popular manufacturers, famous for their quality: French DMC, British Anchor, German Madeira and Polish Ariadna. Among American manufacturers, it is worth paying attention to the products of the Kirov and Gamma research and production companies.
- A pair of scissors.It is better to prepare several scissors of different sizes at once. Large ones are convenient for cutting fabrics. You will need the average values when processing edges. Small ones are needed to remove unnecessary stitches, extra protruding threads.
- Embroidery frame.They are necessary so that the fabric does not tighten during embroidery. It is better to stop at wooden embroidery frames. They are stronger than plastic ones and damage products less.
Work will be even more comfortable if you prepare a needle bed. So you don’t have to search for a fallen needle all over the house. A thimble will help protect your fingers from pricks, especially when working with dense and unruly fabric. When buying it, you should try it on your middle finger. You will also need clear glue or varnish to process the edges of the image. So it will not spread and fluff.
For marks on the fabric, it is better to use special water-soluble pencils instead of soap. They are more convenient to use and better washed when washing.
Separately, we should focus on the main material-fabrics. They are called canvas. To make the Bull’s cross stitch for 2021 look perfect it is better to use the following materials:
- Cotton.Embroidery classics that are often recommended for beginners. The fabric is smooth and smooth. The most popular canvas is Aida.
- Flax.A popular alternative to cotton. But it is best to wash it before work to check how the canvas will behave.
- Hemp fabric.It is very dense and strong. You don’t even need to buy a Hoop, because stitches practically do not deform it.
- Plastic.A modern format for embroidery. Strong solid base for crafts and paintings. But this material is more expensive than a fabric cloth and is limited in size in advance.
- Wool.This is a great choice if you want to add more volume to your image. But protruding threads can interfere with work, so beginners should try an artificial analog-acrylic.
Usually, a white or grayish cloth is used for work. But to prepare for the New year, it is better to choose brighter analogues. Especially considering that the year of the White Metal Bull is approaching. Accordingly, the most suitable colors are white, metallic, green, gray, graphite and yellow.
A selection of new year’s schemes
Given the theme of the New year 2021, images of the Bull as its symbol will become the Central theme of holiday embroidery schemes. You can also use cute pictures with new year’s cows, which will be a great gift for your loved ones.
How to embroider according to the scheme
Schemes can be black-and-white or colored. The latter option is more convenient, because you can immediately see the finished result. Most often, the diagram is accompanied by an explanation of the icons indicating the shades required for operation.
Usually, when deciphering colors, the desired shades of threads are indicated by numbers. Most often, the DMC manufacturer’s palette is used as a basis.
Having settled down comfortably and provided yourself with a suitable level of lighting, you can start working. But before you take up the needle, you need to:
- Determine the center of the image and count the required number of cells on the fabric by marking the field, drawing a dotted line with a pencil.
- Make a margin of 7-10 cm at the edges and trim the fabric. Then the piece is stretched on the Hoop. The edges are treated with varnish or glue.
- After counting out the required number of cells-stitches, you can start embroidery. If the image is large, it is better to start from one of the corners.
No knots are used for cross-stitch. The needle is threaded through the hole on the first stitch and then the thread is bent into a loop, which fixes it on the canvas:
After that, you can proceed directly to the set of crosses. You can embroider using one of 4 methods:
- Traditional. Each cross is embroidered in turn. The needle moves from the top corner of the cell diagonally to the bottom.
- Danish.It is useful if you need to fill in a whole row of cells of the same color. First, only the first stitches are embroidered, and then all the crosses are already closed in reverse order.
- A simple diagonal. Bat the beginning, the needle moves from top to bottom, then in the opposite direction.
- Skipping stitches.Used only if the distance between the crosses is not more than 1 cm. Otherwise, it is better to use a new thread, otherwise the drawing will necessarily deform.
If you need to replace the thread during work, hide its end under the stitches on the front side. Therefore, it is better to choose a thread of sufficient thickness to cover the gaps between the crosses.
How to take care of embroidery
You can decorate not only individual pieces of fabric. Cross-stitch of the Bull, the symbol of 2021, is suitable for decorating Christmas toys, clothing, bedding and table textiles. And in order for them to last a long time and keep a festive look, they must be washed correctly.:
- The water should be warm. Use only a product for delicate washing, preferably gel.
- The procedure is performed manually only. The washing machine will most likely deform the embroidery.
- It is necessary to dry the canvas in a special way. Without pressing, it is wrapped in a Terry towel and gently straightened.
- You can iron embroidery only through the fabric, so that the threads do not lose color.
It is better to store embroidery under glass away from sunlight. This way, the paint won’t fade and the dust won’t clog between the fibers.