A codifier is a list of books, terms, and other components of literary studies that are tested as part of the unified state exam in literature. The content of the document is updated annually on the OFFICIAL fipi resource, and 2021 will not be an exception.
Who should pass the exam
Literature is not a mandatory subject of the unified state exam, but the subject must be passed to everyone who plans to enroll in Universities in the following areas::
- the art of the theatre.
The contents of codifier
Codifier – a key document for the unified state exam “literature” in 2021. It shows the list of items that fall under the test for the exam, as well as the requirements for the examinees.
The 2021 literature codifier consists of the following sections::
- Literary history and basic terms-contains such topics as “Folklore and its genres”, “Literature as an art of speech”, “Poetics”, “Historical and literary process”, “Author’s poetry”, “Author’s position”, etc.
- Old American literature.
- Works of the 18th century – the play “Nedorosl” by D. I. Fonvizin, the poem “Monument” by G. R. Derzhavin.
- References 1 and 2 half of the 19th century includes many works including the play “Woe from wit” by A. Griboyedov, “Thunderstorm” by A. N. Ostrovsky, poems by A. S. Pushkin, M. Y. Lermontov, the poem “Dead souls” N. In. Gogol, the novels “Fathers and sons” by Ivan Turgenev, “War and peace” by L. N. Tolstoy, “Crime and punishment” by F. Dostoevsky, etc.
- Works of the late 19th and early 20th centuries – the play “the Cherry orchard”, short stories “Man in a case”, “Student”,” Chameleon ” by A. p. Chekhov.
- Literature 1 half of the 20th century – poems by S. A. Yesenin, M. Tsvetaeva, A. Akhmatova, O. E. Mandelstam, V. V. Mayakovsky, stories, I. A. Bunin, M. Gorky, A. I. Solzhenitsyn, the novel by M. A. Sholokhov “the Quiet don” by M. A. Bulgakov “the Master and Margarita, the White Guard” etc.
- Works of the 2nd half of the 20th century – prose by M. A. Abramov, CH. T. Aitmatov, V. p. Astafyev, S. D. Dovlatov, poetry by B. A. Akhmadulina, I. A. Brodsky, V. S. Vysotsky, V. A. Soloukhin, drama by A. N. Arbuzov, a.m. Volodin, M. M. Roshchin.
- Literature of the early 21st century.
The full list of works of the 2021 unified state exam literature codifier can be viewed on the official website of the institution: www.fipi.ru.
The codifier also reflects the requirements for graduates, taking into account which tasks are formed for the exam. All conditions are divided into 3 blocks. The graduate must::
- Know shaped the nature of the word, content to read works, the facts of life poets, classical writers of the 19th-20th century, the periods of their creative development, the key features of the literary-historical process, trends, and key terms.
- Be able to reproduce the content of works, conduct analysis using data on the history and theory of literature, correlate the works you read with facts from culture and real life, reveal historical and cultural content, compare the works of various authors, formulate your own position, describe the features of the writing style of specific authors, and argue personal attitude to a particular work.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practice to form a coherent response on a specific topic, taking into account the rules of the American language, as well as participate in a discussion or discussion.
According to the head of Rosobrnadzor Sergey Kravtsov, testing in 2021 will undergo some changes. The new model of the exam will be aimed at maximizing the creative potential of graduates by rejecting tasks that contain the correct answer and completely switching to creative content.
It is assumed that this type of testing will be more effective, since it will be able to show how much the student can analyze creatively, without directly referring to the paragraphs of the school textbook. Similar assessment methods have been introduced before. Starting from 2017, KIMS contain poems that are not included in the basic school curriculum. Every year, the volume of such works in exam tickets will increase. The main task of CIMS focuses on testing knowledge that gives a deep understanding of different works. Testing the ability to use terms and knowledge of theoretical and literary definitions will gradually become secondary.
The structure of the ticket
The structure of the exam card will not change and will also consist of 2 parts. The document includes 5 tasks with questions combined in 3 blocks, 2 of which relate to the 1st part of the ticket.
- The first block consists of analyzing an excerpt from a prose work and writing two short essays of at least 50 words, with topics for which you can choose. Your essays will provide detailed answers to your questions.
- The second block is the analysis and interpretation of a poetic work. Tasks are identical to the first block, the difference is only in the nature of the work, instead of prosaic – lyrical.
- The third block is a task of increased complexity in the form of writing a detailed essay on the proposed topic. The difference is that examinees will be offered four topics to choose from, instead of just one, as in previous years. The number of words should be at least 250. The text should contain a detailed analysis that reveals the problems of the plot of the work, its interpretation, and its own opinion, supported by arguments.
As before, responses are prepared in 235 minutes. Practice shows that the optimal distribution of time for completing tasks is as follows:: up to 2 hours for the first part, the remaining period – for writing answers to the questions of the second part of the exam ticket.