If you want to make a bright memorable holiday and organize a carnival party to the next 2021, to make Christmas masks you can with your hands. This will not only save money, but also to give free rein to imagination. If desired, you can create any image. Especially like this action for children of any age.
2021 will be devoted to the Rat, so the bat would be appropriate for the occasion. This is an opportunity to position the Hostess of the year. Well this accessory is suitable for children because it is made of a soft material so will not RUB or interfere with. Make it not difficult.
Tools and materials:
- felt pink, gray and black color;
- threads and a needle;
- cardboard or heavy paper;
- First make a template out of cardboard or paper. Print your picture or draw yourself. It is important that it was symmetrical.
- Cut from grey felt the two major (head). From pink felt cut out ears and a black nose.
- Stitch between the basic elements, departing from the edge 2 mm. this can be Done manually or by machine. When hand-sewing careful stitches were the same length.
- Then sew the ears and nose of thread, sew whiskers.
- It remains only to attach the rubber band.
You can unleash the imagination and decorate the mouse in its sole discretion. All items do not have to sew. For mounting you can use hot melt glue.
Tip! Out of felt to sew can not only mask the mouse, but other animals such as rabbit, bear, wolf, frog, etc. a Good option if you need to prepare a certain way for the morning to school or kindergarten.
Of paper and paperboard
The easiest way to make a mask out of cardboard. You can go for the rat or the mouse, or pick another animal that you like. If the ability to draw no, you shouldn’t be upset. In this case, you can use templates Christmas masks to create the desired image on the New 2021.
How to make a paper mask of a mouse or other animal, is described below:
- Choose a template and print it on your printer.
- Cut with scissors along the contour. Cut holes for eyes.
- Since the thin paper tears easily, it is advisable to stick the blank to the cardboard. Excess cardboard trim.
- A hole punch make holes for the elastic.
- If you used black-and-white pattern, then paint it on your own.
- Tie a rubber band or a thin satin ribbon for tying.
Tip! Paper masks are frailty and fragility. So they are not torn in the first few minutes of the holiday, glue their regular stationery tape.
Out of Styrofoam
Cute animal faces, including a mouse and a bull, can be made from scrap materials. Well suitable for this purpose plastic plates. A minimum of wasted time and wasted materials and a great result.
Materials and tools:
- plastic plate;
- watercolor or gouache;
- PVA glue or hot melt glue;
- colored paper or cardboard;
- thin elastic band or Popsicle stick.
- First in a plastic plate cut out holes for eyes. If necessary, cut the excess depending on the animal.
- Of cardboard or paper to make the ears, nose and other details. Whiskers can be drawn with the marker.
- Paint the plate in any color and leave on time so she is completely dry.
- With glue attach the prepared items from the carton.
- Decorate accessory satin ribbons, felt or other materials.
- A hole punch make holes at the sides for the elastic. Instead of gum in the lower part you can glue a Popsicle stick. The disadvantage of this accessory is that it must be carried in the hand.
Cap mask of a mouse
For a child in kindergarten or school you can make a hat out of foam. The process is labor intensive, but the result is stunning.
Materials and tools:
- foam thickness of 2 cm;
- glue “Moment”;
- brushes for drawing;
- manual spray.
- Foam cut out a rectangular piece. Its length should match the circumference of child’s head, and the height about 20 cm
- Then at the top draw the triangles with a height of 9 cm 6-7 cm increments along the drawn lines, cut out the triangles.
- Gently apply along the edge of the glue “Moment”. You should use water resistant yellow glue. Leave on for 2-3 minutes and then start to glue, otherwise the glue will corrode the foam.
- When the cap-the base will be ready, foam cut out a circle of radius 16 cm Cut a quarter circle and glue the circle into the cone. Then bend slightly to make the nose, and the tip should bend 3-4 cm
- To make the cheeks, cut out two circles of 12 cm a quadrant of a circle: glue the inside to form a shape resembling a cone.
- Cut out the ears and lower lip (in a semicircle). All the elements of glue mount on the hood.
- It remains only to decorate the finished mask. On large areas apply with spray gouache, diluted with water. The rest razreshite brush.
The bull mask made of papier-mache
Realistic rat can be done using the technique of papier-mache. To process required materials are available. The production is quite lengthy and takes time, but the result is worth it. If there is at least a little bit of patience and perseverance, you need to make such a pretty accessory for a party or a matinee.
Materials and tools:
- the balloon;
- Wallpaper glue or paste;
- vaseline or cream;
- nylon mesh;
- markers and paint.
- old curtains for the lining;
- construction paper or drawing paper.
- Inflate a balloon so that it was larger than a human head. The mask is easy to put on.
- Cover the balloon with petroleum jelly or cream to prevent paper stuck to him.
- Newspaper cut into small strips. DAB them in glue solution and the glue ball from almost all sides.
- Apply the paper in 5-6 layers to the Foundation proved strong enough.
- Leave blank to dry. When the paper dries well on top, drain the bowl and dry the billet inside with a hair dryer.
- Cut holes for your head and eyes. For eyes you can make big holes, and later they are stuck with a nylon mesh.
- Of paper make a cone and glue it to the workpiece.
- Now we need the whole billet sheathing suitable cloth. You can use old things. Of fabric to make the ears. They stood well inside insert cardboard inserts or pieces of wire.
- Make the nose, eyes and other details. Glue the bottom fringe of the fabric, cut into thin strips.
- To a big ball of Newspapers held tightly on the head, you need to sew the tulle. You can also use old cotton t-shirt.
- Cut a rectangle the width of the 2/3 of the circumference of the holes cut for the head and the height equal to the height of the workpiece. The upper part of the gather thread.
- Sew top of panel bottom so that the lining is located on the rear and sides.
This mask is well suited for big doll. Enough to sew a jumpsuit or to pick up an outfit suitable gray color.
For the new year carnival you can make a mask yourself. Most importantly, stock up on a variety of decorative materials and creative inspiration. This accessory will add sophistication to the image, but it will allow you to remain unrecognizable at the party.
Materials and tools:
- thick cardboard;
- hole punch;
- rhinestones, feathers, stones, lace and other decorations for jewelry.
- Make a base out of cardboard. You can pre-print the template, and then transfer it to heavy paper.
- Paint the workpiece in the desired color. You can use gouache or acrylic paint which is durable. To give a festive touch, you can use the gold or bronze.
- With the help of hot melt glue, PVA glue or “Instant” glue lace, rhinestones, sequins, stones and other decorations.
- If desired, the side or in the middle glue the colored feathers.
- The sides of the hole punch punch holes for the elastic. Further strengthen the holes with adhesive so that the carton is not torn.
- Tie a rubber band. Stylish carnival mask ready.